Here are some tips to help maximize the benefits of your mattress and help you get the most out of your investment:
1. Rotate/Flip: By rotating/flipping your mattress regularly, it will help it wear more evenly. For a brand-new set, we recommend rotating/flipping every 2 weeks for the first 4 months. Then every3-4 months after that along with your box spring!
2. Try and avoid sitting at the edge of the mattress. Sitting at the edge can cause the mattress to lose its structure prematurely and sag.
3. Avoid the jumps! Jumping on the mattress is always a bad idea, it is not safe and can cause serious damage to your mattress. Jumping damages, the coils and fibers of the mattress.
4. Mattress Protector! While fitted sheets can help protect the mattress, to keep all stains and dirt out its better to use a mattress protector. Make sure when purchasing a mattress protector, it is waterproof and washable. Also, some mattress protectors provide extra padding, protection from allergens and bedbugs!
5. Regularly clean your mattress. Use your household vacuum and quickly sweep the mattress to prevent dust build up and keep it healthy.
6. To clean up spills: dab with warm soapy water, however avoid getting the area more wet than you must since moisture creates a breeding ground for mold. Then let it dry completely before making the bed.
7. Handle with care when your moving the mattress. Tossing, bending and handling the mattress roughly can severely damage the coils.
8. Ensure proper support for your mattress. If the mattress is not supported properly, the foundation of the mattress will begin to sag and prevent you from getting a good night’s sleep.